TOURMALET BIKE BOX
£858.00 including UK VAT and UK shipping
For the travelling roadie - compact, lightweight and with generous capacity.
For road, gravel, TT and cross bikes. Just ten minutes to pack/unpack - only requires removal of wheels, seatpost, pedals and handlebars (or complete cockpit). Please refer to Which Box? page for further details on maximum bike dimensions.
Compatible with all Thru Axle size standards as well as Quick Release hubs.
Available in three height increments to ensure the most compact package possible.
Net weight 12.5kg (27.5lb). Overall external dimensions:
- H1 height: 115.7 x 78.8 x 30.9cm (45.6 x 31.0 x 12.2″)
- H2 height: 115.7 x 82.8 x 30.9cm (45.6 x 32.6 x 12.2″)
- H3 height: 115.7 x 86.8 x 30.9cm (45.6 x 34.2 x 12.2″)
Quick release, Thru-axle 12×100, Thru-axle 15×100, Track
Quick release, Thru-axle 12×142, Track
|Weight||12.5kg (27.5 lb)|
|Dimensions (LxHxD)||H1: 115.7 x 78.8 x 30.9cm (45.6 x 31.0 x 12.2″); H2: 115.7 x 82.8 x 30.9cm (45.6 x 32.6 x 12.2″); H3: 115.7 x 86.8 x 30.9cm (45.6 x 34.2 x 12.2″)|
|Typical maximum frame size (c-t)*:||610mm (24″) – see “Which box?” tab|
|Suitable for||Road, Track, TT & Cross|
|Disassembly required||Wheels/skewers, bars/stem pedals, seatpost|
|Pack/unpack time||10 min/10 min|
|Wheels||2 fixed, 2 caster|
|Includes two wheelbags:||Yes|
|Lead-time:||typically 2 weeks (including air-shipment) **|
- 1 Prepare bike: Engage top gear. Remove pedals. Remove saddle/seat-post assembly. Remove wheels and deflate tyres. Remove wheel skewers.
- 2 Prepare box: Open box, remove Anti-Crush Bar and wheel bags. Slide the Rear Axle Mount to forward-most position.
- 3 Place saddle/seat-post assembly under webbing in base of box – saddle towards front of box.
- 4 Position the cranks horizontally with right-hand crank forward.
- 5 For thru-axle bikes, attach Dummy Hubs (castellated aluminium tubes) to front and rear dropouts of bike using the bike’s own thru-axle skewers – note that the chain runs over the top of the Dummy Hub to maintain tension in the chain (not applicable for bikes with QR hubs).
- 6 Load frameset to box:
- 6a For bikes with thru-axle hubs: Drop front Dummy Hub in to the cradle on Front Axle Mount – secure by inserting the two Thru-axle Retaining Pins through hole in Front axle mount. Then slide Rear Axle Mount backwards until rear Dummy Hub can be dropped in to Rear Axle Mount – secure with Thru-axle Retaining Pin (a very few bike manufacturers initially used a front thru-axle skewer with an oversized handle fitting – this may foul the side of the box. In such cases we recommend using a thru-axle skewer with hex socket head).
- 6b For bikes with QR hubs: Insert front dropouts in Front Axle Mount and tighten quick release as you would on the bike (as with a bike, quick release may need adjustment to accommodate lawyer tabs). Manoeuvre rear end of bike such chain is over Rear Axle Mount. Slide Rear Axle Mount backwards to engage with rear dropouts. Tighten quick release as you would on the bike.
- 7 Remove handlebar from stem by removing end cap on stem (for quill stems and integrated handlebars, remove whole bar/stem assembly from fork).
- 8 Rotate handlebar through approximately 90° and lower into box adjacent to right hand side of front fork and headtube. Consider additional protection (e.g. pipe lagging) to brake levers.
- 9 Place wheels in wheel bags. Place pedals and skewers in pockets inside wheel bags (there are two pockets in each bag).
- 10 Load wheel bags to box, one each side on frame – on right side. Front wheel goes on left hand side at rear of box. Rear wheel goes on right hand side at front of box (with cassette facing outwards). The slots in the wheel bags must be positioned horizontally and adjacent to one another in centre of box.
- 11 Insert Anti-Crush Bar through slots in wheel bag and locate ends in one of three locations in Anti-Crush Retainer (note that you should use same location point on left and right side).
- 12 Load any other items (e.g. helmet, shoes, track pump) to spare space in box (these should be housed in suitably protective bags to prevent damage during transit).
- 13 Manoeuvre box lid over box base, taking care to ensure lid is correctly oriented by aligning two red washers on front end panels. Take care to ensure that lid clears handlebar/stem assembly. Check that upper and lower edges are positively engaged on all four sides of box.
- 14 Engage and tighten four latches by turning handle through 90 degrees. Two of the locks (one on each side) have additional TSA key lock.
- 15 To unpack, the reverse of these instructions applies.
- 16 You’re all done – safe travels!