The only dedicated long wheelbase MTB box on the market.
For MTBs with wheelbase range of 1245 to 1410mm.
Just ten minutes to pack/unpack – only requires removal of wheels, handlebars and seatpost (dropper seatposts on smaller bikes may fit without removal). Wider platform pedals may also require removal.
Longer forks may require compression for travel.
Please refer to Which Box? page for further details on maximum bike dimensions.
Twin anti-crush bars, each with three position options.
Three latches of each side - central latch has TSA-compliant key lock.
Compatible with all Thru Axle size standards. Net weight 17kg (37.4lb).
Ships complete Thru Axle fittings, wheel bags and anti-crush bars.
Available in 160 powder-coat finishes (item shown in photos is RAL7030M Stone Grey).
Overall external dimensions 152 x 87 x 36cm (59.9 x 34.2 x 14.2″).
Can be converted for road/TT/gravel bike use by switching-out front and rear mounting brackets (available as an accessory).
15×100, 15×110 (Boost), 15×150 (Fat Bike)
12×142, 12×148 (Boost), 12×197 (Fat Bike)
Derailleur, Pinion gearbox, Other (please specify in order comments)
Enhanced Powder Coat – whole box, Enhanced Powder Coat – panels only
- Prepare bike: Engage top gear. Remove wheels and partially deflate tyres. Remove seatpost (with dropper seat posts, it may be possible fully drop seatpost instead of removing).
- Prepare box: Open box, remove Anti-Crush Bars and wheel bags. Slide Rear Axle Mount to forward-most point on carrier.
- If applicable, place saddle/seatpost under webbing in base of box.
- Attach Dummy Hubs (castellated aluminium tubes) to front and rear dropouts of bike using the bike’s own thru-axle skewers – note that the chain runs over the top of the Dummy Hub to maintain tension in the chain.
- Load frame to box. Cranks horizontal, right-hand crank forward.
- Drop front Dummy Hub in to the cradle on Front Axle Mount – secure by inserting two Thru-axle Retaining Pins through holes in Front Axle Mount. Then slide Rear Axle Mount backwards until rear Dummy Hub can be dropped in to Rear Axle Mount – secure with two Thru-axle Retaining Pins.
- Place wheels in wheel bags. Load wheel bags to box, one each side on frame with the slots in the wheel bags horizontal and adjacent to Anti-Crush Bar fittings.
- Insert Anti-Crush Bars through slots in wheel bags and locate ends in one of three locations in Anti-Crush Retainer (note that you should use same location points on left and right side).
- Remove handlebar from stem by removing end cap on stem (alternatively, whole cockpit can be removed from steerer column).
- Rotate handlebar through approximately 90° and lower into box adjacent to right hand side of front fork and headtube. Consider additional protection (e.g. pipe lagging) to brake levers.
- Load any other items (e.g. helmet, shoes, track pump) to spare space in box (these should be housed in suitably protective bags to prevent damage during transit).
- Manoeuvre box lid over box base, taking care to ensure lid is correctly oriented by aligning two red rivets on front edges. Check that upper and lower edges are positively engaged on all four sides of box. If top of steerer column touches the inside of the lid then compress forks to allow sufficient clearance.
- Engage and tighten the six latches by turning handle through 90 degrees.
- If required, lock case with key in TSA complaint lock in central latch on each side.
- You’re all done – safe travels!